[Ancient Beer and Wine]
- Fermenting Antiquity – Lucas’s Ancient Beer Blog
- Ancient Grains (archaeobotanical research of Delwen Samuel and Mark Nesbitt)
- Buhner, Stephen Harrod. Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: the Secrets of Ancient Fermentation, 1998. [Best enjoyed with a grain of salt.]
- Calagione, Sam. Extreme Brewing: An Enthusiasts Guide to Brewing Craft Beer at Home, 2006.
- Dalby, Andrew. Siren Feasts: A History of Food and Gastronomy in Greece, 1996.
- Davidson, James N. Courtesans and Fishcakes: The Consuming Passions of Classical Athens, 1997.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Ancient Brews: Rediscovered and Re-created, 2017.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Ancient Wine: The Search for the Origins of Viniculture, 2003.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Uncorking the Past: The Quest for Wine, Beer, and Other Alcoholic Beverages, 2009.
- Mosher, Randy. Radical Brewing: Recipes, Tales and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass, 2004.
- Sharpe, Heather F. and Andrew Snyder. Experimental Archaeology with the Kylix: Drinking and Playing Kottabos. West Chester University, Pennsylvania. Poster session at the 2015 annual meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America.
- YouTube video: The Ancient Story of How Beer Saved the World.
[ Lucas’s Travel Photos ]
Greece & Turkey
Egypt & Jordan
Egypt, Greece, and more…
[ Photo Galleries ]
Visit the Ancient Art Podcast Flickr page!
[ Ancient Greek Games ]
[ Links to Other Resources ]
[ Notable British Museum Treasures ]