[Ancient Beer and Wine]
- Fermenting Antiquity – Lucas’s Ancient Beer Blog
- Ancient Grains (archaeobotanical research of Delwen Samuel and Mark Nesbitt)
- Buhner, Stephen Harrod. Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: the Secrets of Ancient Fermentation, 1998. [Best enjoyed with a grain of salt.]
- Calagione, Sam. Extreme Brewing: An Enthusiasts Guide to Brewing Craft Beer at Home, 2006.
- Dalby, Andrew. Siren Feasts: A History of Food and Gastronomy in Greece, 1996.
- Davidson, James N. Courtesans and Fishcakes: The Consuming Passions of Classical Athens, 1997.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Ancient Brews: Rediscovered and Re-created, 2017.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Ancient Wine: The Search for the Origins of Viniculture, 2003.
- McGovern, Patrick E. Uncorking the Past: The Quest for Wine, Beer, and Other Alcoholic Beverages, 2009.
- Mosher, Randy. Radical Brewing: Recipes, Tales and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass, 2004.
- Sharpe, Heather F. and Andrew Snyder. Experimental Archaeology with the Kylix: Drinking and Playing Kottabos. West Chester University, Pennsylvania. Poster session at the 2015 annual meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America.
- YouTube video: The Ancient Story of How Beer Saved the World.
[ Google Map of Ancient Art Podcast in the Art Institute of Chicago ]
[ Lucas’s Travel Photos ]
[ Bibliography ]
[ Photo Galleries ]
Visit the Ancient Art Podcast Flickr page!
[ Ancient Greek Games ]
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Collection Tour: Greek Athletes
- The Ancient Olympics: A Special Exhibition of the Perseus Digital Library Project
- Penn Museum: The Real Story of the Ancient Olympic Games
[ Links to Other Resources ]
- Body Language: How to Talk to Students about Nudity in Art — Art Institute of Chicago
- Egypt’s Black Pharaohs
- Curious Corner
- Faces, Places, and Inner Spaces
- Jitish Kallat’s Public Notice 3
- Speech by Swami Vivekananda at World’s Parliament of Religions, Chicago, 1893
- Cleopatra: A Multimedia Guide to Art of the Ancient World
- The Making of Okura Jiro’s Mountain Lake Tachi Screen Series
- Pharaohs of the Sun: Akhenaten, Nefertiti, Tutankhamen
- Ancient Art at the Art Institute of Chicago
- Art Institute of Chicago Musecast
- Theban Mapping Project
- Perseus Project
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Silk Road and Beyond
- More Cicada Resources
- More Parthenon and Persepolis Resources
- Ellsworth Kelly at the Art Institute of Chicago
- The Color of Life: Polychromy in Sculpture from Antiquity to the Present
- Gods in Color: Painted Sculpture of Classical Antiquity [Gallery Guide]
- Hindu Eye-Opening Ceremony
- 3D Interactive Animation of the Tomb of Nebamun, British Museum